Advertisements are by Adsense, and are not necessarily the same opinion of this blog!

15 June 2007

Where O Where did all the oil go? It's in the air!

Just an interesting little tidbit for a Friday night. I did a little research in how long the world's oil (God's oil actually) will last and I came up with 48.4 years. However, the usage total that I used was current in 1999. Therefore, we probably have closer to 40 years of oil remaining. If we continue using it at the 1999 rate.

Oil reserves by country

Oil Consumption in thousand barrels daily

To put this in a little better perspective. By the time my son, ten years old now, is fifty the world will be out of oil. Again, at 1999 consumption levels. In other words, in our children's lifetime, and within the life of some of our younger bloggers, the world as we now know it will be no more.

Now is not the time for wasting more resources on this asinine oil grab in Iraq. Now is the time, more than ever, to retool our manufacturing industries to develop non-oil essential products.

Enjoy your martini's, if I had the the gin and vermouth, and knew how to mix them, I'd definitely join you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home